Madison Car Accident Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a car, truck, SUV, or other vehicle accident caused by someone else, I can help. It is important that you get a lawyer on your side as soon as possible after an accident – particularly before the insurance company for the responsible driver use their tactics against you to minimize your ability to get compensation.
I can meet with you at a time that is convenient for you (including at night or on weekends) at a location convenient for you (including at your home). I represent clients in injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that there is only a fee for me if I obtain compensation for you.
What You Should Know if You’ve Been Injured in a Car or Vehicle Accident
As a Madison car accident lawyer and personal injury attorney, I see the tactics used by insurance companies to protect their interests and to avoid or minimize liability. If you’ve been injured in a car or vehicle accident, you should know that:
- A representative for the driver responsible for the crash will probably call you, often within a few hours after the crash. They will want to “verify” the details of the crash on a recorded line. You should know that they are not calling to help you or to process a claim; their role is to get you to make statements (which are being recorded) against your own interest that can be used against you later. You should not talk to these people other than to tell them you are represented by legal counsel, and give them my number to call.
I can help your case by protecting you against insurance company tricks.
- Insurance companies for the driver at fault do not have any duty of loyalty to you. Their only duty is to themselves and the driver whom they represent.
- The ONLY incentive that insurance companies for the responsible driver have to pay full and fair compensation in a bad accident is the risk that a jury will make them pay more at trial. If their driver is not sued, there is no incentive for them to make a fair payment (except for an unreasonably low “nuisance” value payment so they don’t have to spend more time on a matter).
I will bring a lawsuit and force defendants and insurance companies to confront the injuries and damages for which they are responsible.
- When injuries and damages are significant, defendants and insurance companies will typically take whatever actions are available in an attempt to escape liability. They may claim that you (or someone else) caused the accident. They will deny your version of the facts of the accident that are not in the other driver’s interest. They will seek to minimize injuries, often claiming that injuries were “pre-existing” (present before the accident) or that injuries are being exaggerated. What they really want is to reach a quick settlement for a fraction of what a case is worth based upon the injuries and damages caused.
I do not take the “quick” settlement approach. If a case is to be resolved for full compensation, it must be built carefully over time. Defendants and insurance companies must be shown why their defenses will fail at trial. This is the only way that they will settle for full value – when they realize that a trial will cost them more money in legal fees, and that a jury may award even more money than the cost of a fair settlement.
- It will be in the interests of defendants and insurance companies to delay settlement or a trial. In particular, they know that when a family breadwinner is hurt and cannot work, the family will likely soon be in severe financial distress. When this occurs, they know that it is much more likely that the injured will accept a “lowball” settlement offer in order to pay the bills.
I oppose the delay tactics that defendants often use. I also will help clients in seeking loans from third parties if money is necessary during the recovery period (although ultimately it will be up to the financing company as to whether a loan should be made).
If you or a family member has been injured, please contact me as soon as possible so that I can begin representing your interests.
I accept cases on a contingency fee basis, so there is no fee unless I recover for you. Please call me to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at your convenience – either at my office, or your home.