Madison Divorce Lawyer – Helping Clients Through All Divorce Aspects
As a Madison divorce lawyer, I helps clients through all aspects of divorce, including:
I focus on identifying client objectives, and working with clients towards achieving these objectives in an expeditious and cost-effective manner whenever possible.
All firm clients work directly with me, not with paralegals or other staff. I am available when you need me – including at night and on weekends.
Your Divorce Questions
If you’re going through a divorce, I know that you likely will have many questions, such as:
- Will I get primary custody of my children?
- What assets will I keep?
- Where will I live?
- What debts will be mine?
- How will parenting time work?
As your attorney, my role is to represent you in all aspects of your divorce, to provide counsel as to how Wisconsin law applies to various aspects of your case, and to seek to obtain for you your primary objectives.
The Key Elements of a Divorce
Divorce typically involves the resolution of a number of matters, including:
- Property Division. Property division includes the division of physical assets, such as cars and furniture, as well as intangible assets, such as money in a bank account and future retirement benefits.
- Debt Allocation. If there are debts – including credit card debt, student loans, car loans, or a mortgage on a house – a resolution about responsibility for these payments needs to reached. In many cases, both spouses may continue to be jointly liable for the debts.
- Child Custody and Parenting Time. Custody and parenting time determinations can be contentious. I work with clients in seeking to obtain the custody and parenting time results that are in my client’s best interests.
- Child Support. Any child support payments agreed to among the parents must be approved by the court. If the parents cannot agree, the court will determine the support obligations.
- Spousal Support. Spousal support may or may not be applicable, depending upon the specific circumstances of the divorcing spouses.
Reaching Resolution in a Divorce – Negotiating for the Best Outcome
Divorce is difficult. But it does not have to be the protracted and bitter process often portrayed on television.
My role is to represent you in seeking to achieve the best results for you based upon your goals and circumstances. In this regard, I believe in focusing on the desired results – not on the personal matters that may have contributed to the divorce.
Toward this goal, I offer clients diligence in negotiation and creativity in developing solutions with a focus on helping clients control the outcome of the decisions regarding their divorce. In most situations, the best outcome for both spouses will be a negotiated resolution to resolve the matters that must be determined, rather than seeking a resolution at trial by a judge.
It is important to realize that judges do not have the same incentives as each spouse will have concerning key decisions, such as property division and parenting time. As a result, divorcing spouses are usually better off crafting a solution that will work for each of them.
Nonetheless, if a full resolution cannot be reached through negotiation and mediation for your matter, at your direction I will proceed to trial and to seek a full win for you.
Call Me So that I May Get Started Helping You with Your Divorce
I offer a free consultation so that I may learn about your circumstances, and so that you may learn how I and my firm can help you.